Active Autowerke BMW N26 Downpipe
Please include your vin as these cars have either a N20 or N26 engine – this downpipe will not fit a n20 engine.
BMW introduced a new valvetronic, single turbo version of its direct-injection engine for the F-Chassis models beginning in 2012. The Active Autowerke N26 downpipe for the 228i, 328i and 428i helps unleash some of the potential that is restricted by the OEM downpipe.
Turbochargers are powered by spent exhaust gases created during the combustion process. The quicker these gases are evacuated, the better. Unfortunately, the factory down pipe in the N26 is quite restrictive, which results in slower exhaust gases and slower turbo spool.
The Active Autowerke F-Chassis N26 Signature down pipe utilizes 3.5 diameter stainless steel piping in order to provide more power, quicker spool, and extreme durability. This variant includes a 4″ ultra high flow GESI catalytic converter that will NOT produce a CEL
The GESi G-Sport High Output Catalytic Converter features full 304 stainless steel construction, including the substrate. GESi HO-Series Gen 2 Catalytic Converters are EPA registered and compliant in 49 states and fully OBD2 compliant. GESi proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions, eliminating most “Check Engine Lights”. These high flow catalytic converters outperform stock converters and provide a reliable solution to the most common catalytic converter problems.
The GESi HO-Series Catalytic Converters are rated for engines putting out between 500 and 850 horsepower while maintaining a high flow capacity. The reduced back-pressure from this high flow catalytic converter will allow you to maximize your engines horsepower without the harmful emissions. Say goodbye to Check Engine Lights and failed emissions tests!
Please Note: These catalytic converters are not legal for use on vehicles registered in the state of California as a result of California Vehicle Code Section 27156 and 38391.
- NO CEL for catalytic efficiency when using this downpipe
- Designed to be as unrestrictive as possible
- GESI EPA registered high flow and fully OBD2 compliant
- High flow 4″ GESI cat with 3.50″ piping allows for maximum power output
- Quicker turbo spool – improved power over stock
- Rated for 350 to 500 hp applications
- Withstands up to 1500 F
- Can reach operational efficiency within 9 seconds of startup
- Easily bolts-on no cutting or welding required
- Durable construction from TIG welded 304 stainless steel
- Precise fitment
- Modular design for later upgrades
- Made in Miami, Florida
- Ultra high flow 400 cell per square inch catalyst
- EPA compliant for use on OBD2 vehicles (1996 and newer) except in California
- Full 304 stainless steel construction
- 304 stainless steel substrate in the catalytic converter is furnace braised to the mantle for outstanding durability
- GESi proprietary precious metal loading technology ensures greatly reduced emissions
- Covered by 5 Year / 50,000 Mile Warranty (on shell and tube ends) and 2 Year / 25,000 Mile Warranty on the Catalytic core
- Ideal for Forced Induction Applications with no loss of HP
- Both passengers and drivers are safe from harmful emissions and noise
Federal law prohibits the tampering of an emissions control device. Mobile Source Enforcement Memorandum 1A, allows for aftermarket parts to be used in the repair or replacement of emissions control systems, provided the emissions aren’t adversely affected. There is no mention or reference to cell density or converter volume dimension. The GESI catalytic converter will produce emissions that will meet the standards set by the EPA, not CARB.
Active Autowerke N20 Signature Downpipe Benefits
The speed of a turbo’s impeller wheel is limited by exhaust back pressure. A larger down pipe relieves some of this pressure, resulting in quicker and more efficient spool. With Active Autowerke’s Signature downpipe, your N26 can rev quicker, and deliver more horsepower and torque.
Minimizing back pressure while remaining daily drive-ability was the goal of our N26 downpipe. Owners can now upgrade to a product that is affordable, reliable, and easy to install.
After months of research and development, our engineers settled on a 3.5 diameter pipe which utilizes the least number of bends possible. However, the Signature N26 down pipe still fits easily into the OEM location, with a painless installation process.
Constructed entirely from 304 stainless steel with 1.5MM wall thickness, we are confident that you’ll be pleased with how robust and durable this down pipe is. Trouble-free installation and a long lifespan ensure that you’ll enjoy many miles of performance with your N26!